(click on picture to zoom)

The visitor center building was built in 1936. It was designed to blend in with a temporary stream valley to its rear and provide the feeling of natural approaches to the cave entrance. It is a wood framed building covered with yellow-tan stucco. Exterior walls on the back side of the original building are made of sandstone blocks cut from a quarry outside the park, near Hot Springs. Interior rafters are made of rough-hewn timbers. Some of the original features have been modified or covered as a result of a large-scale remodeling project completed in 1980.

Click on the red balloon for more information. Click on Satellite for more detail. Right or left click to zoom in or out.

Degrees Minutes Seconds:
Latitude: N 43 33 23
Longitude: W 103 28 42
Decimal Degrees:
Latitude: N 43.5564939, -103.4784785
Longitude: W -103.4784785
Latitude: N 43 33.390
Longitude: W 103 28.709
13N 622892 4823740

error: Content is protected !!