CARTERSVILLE GHOST TOWN


(Click on The Picture to Zoom)

A name given to the town because of the Carter, Caledonia and Lincoln Mines. The Caledonia was later absorbed into the Homestake operations. Carterville, in 1879 had twenty cabins and a restaurant. (Black Hills Ghost Towns: Parker)

Today the town site is at the entrance of the Kirk George S. Mickelson Trail Trailhead.

Center map
Traffic
Bicycling
Transit
Google MapsGet Directions

Decimal Degrees:ADJ 44.340242, -103.756264
44.340102, -103.75669